"No matter how dark & dismal things can be at times, there is always light."
There is this heaviness that is looming over me that I wish to lift or possibly rid myself of. I can’t find the words, but the tears come. When I think about my grandmother, and the health battle that she is facing, it is hard. It is hard to see her literally in a battle has slowly taken its toll. I wish to see her better and able to come home. I try to fight back the tears even as i write this because, as much as I try to focus my attention on other things she is all i think about. She is my rock, my friend, and ever present reminder that God is sooooo real. I want nothing more right now than to see her well. Law school is becoming burdensome, demanding, and stressful. I don’t even feel like learning or even focusing on my work. I know on days like today, i have to push through emotions and focus on my purpose.
Greatest Woman Alive
Who is she, you ask?
She is the greatest woman alive
I look at her and see her thrive, despite her struggles and daily adversities.
I admire the woman she is.
the poster child for determination
the definition of class
the epitome of greatness
honest yet compassionate
a liberated leader and an optimist
a mother of 4, great-grandmother of 3, a friend, mentor, and grandmother to me
Her faith moves mountains, hearts, minds, and souls
She is the greatest woman I know
I’m so blessed to call her mine… my Nana—the greatest woman alive.
Sometimes, I just sit and think about the goodness and grace of God. I am soooo unworthy of all that he does for me and the many things that he protects me from. I am grateful that he keeps his hand upon me and guides my steps even when I mess up and I don’t do everything that I should do. I am just prayerful that he helps me to be the best steward over everything that he has given me. I am optimistic, because I am in his will, hand, and I trust him so much. I love that he loves me despite my mess.
Lord please continue to keep me grounded focus, and on task with my purpose. I thank you for your grace, mercy, goodness, and sovereignty. Thanks you that you love everything about me even when i am in the dumps and stressed. I give all of my issues to you. Thank you for being the best father, mentor, motivator, friend, and protector. :)
Top 13 things I hope to do in 2013
1. Greater discipline in every area of my life
2. Spend the Summer(May-Aug.) in South Africa
3. Secure a White House Internship in the Office of General Counsel in the Fall
4. Start working pt.time back in politics
5. Complete the business plan, secure a loan, and find a space for happy ENDINGS
6. Incorporate & continue to work on iEmpowerME GLLC
7. Meet more people & network, network, network!
8. Purchase a DSLR camera & start doing photography
9. Work on developing my current relationships
10. Enhance my relationship with Christ
11. Drop 30 lbs & TONE/ TIGHTEN/ FLAT ABS<————- A MUST!
12. Be a better stewart of my time & talents to produce income
13. Work on getting my on place!—— MUST #2
top 12 BLESSINGS of 2012
10. Celebrating my 25th bday
9. Staying in MD & Not having to move to MA
8. The vision for happy ENDINGS & iEmpowerME GLLC
7. Being interviewed & considered for a position w/ the First Lady & VP
6. New friends & relationships
5. Family especially my grandmother & my dad
4. Starting law school (J.D. on the way) :)
1. Relationship w/ God